**Infravision** The creature sees into the infrared spectrum. The maximum distance is 18 metres (60 ft) unless specified otherwise.
**Light Sensitive** They suffer a 1 grade penalty to Combat Style, Evade, and Perception rolls that deal with vision when fighting in sunlight or its magical equivalent. They suffer no penalties when in torchlight or other forms of artificial lighting.
Goblin SIZ represents mass, not height. When creating a goblin, always calculate weight based on the Lithe or Medium frame. Treat the Height as being two SIZ points lower.
potion of cure moderate wounds, potion of mirror image, mithral chain shirt, masterwork greatsword, +1 longbow with 20 AP arrows, 10 barbed arrows, 5 signal arrows, 10 +1 elf bane arrows, cloak of resistance +1, leather pouch containing 37 gp, 11 pp, and the key to his chest
**Rank 2 Ranger**
Chosen Foes - Humans, Elves
The Artful Dodger talent requires you to be Unburdened (ENC less than STRx2), and wearing nothing more restrictive than light armour. You possess fast reflexes and
gain 1 extra Action Point, which may only be used to Parry or Evade. In addition, you may use the Evade skill to dodge a melee attack without falling prone. Against a ranged attack, you only end up prone if you fail the roll.
**Combat Proficiency** Being a master of armed and unarmed combat, rangers gain a
further +5% to their Combat Style.
**Dual Weapon Specialisation** Choosing this specialisation grants the use of a weapon in each hand without penalty. The usual restriction that the offhand weapon must be shorter than the main weapon does not apply to you. Technically, this extra “weapon” may be a shield. When wielding two weapons, you gain an extra Action Point that may be used with the offhand weapon in the following
* You may use the extra Action Point to Parry 1 additional Attack.
* You may use the extra Action Point to make 1 additional Attack. This Bonus attack suffers no additional penalty and may achieve any Special Effect normally allowed the main hand weapon.
**Bow/Light Crossbow Specialisation**
* The normally imparted rules for aiming in Mythras are modified as follows. When attacking a target at the weapon’s Close range, Aiming requires 1 Turn steadying the weapon instead of a full Round, and makes the following attack 1 grade easier. Attacks made beyond Close range follow the normal rules for aiming set forth in Mythras in Chapter 7 under Ranged Combat. Additional rounds spend aiming grant no further advantage. Finally, when aiming your Critical chance is equal to 1/5th your final modified skill instead of the normal 1/10th. This differs from the fighter version of this ability
* At Rank 2, the Ranger may reduce the reload time of any bow or crossbow by 1. Upon reaching Rank 4, the reload time is reduced by 2. No reload time may be reduced below 0. A weapon with a 0 reload time may effectively be readied as a free action.
* If the Ranger is not surprised, they may automatically fire first (before rolling for initiative) at the beginning of combat, assuming both weapon and ammo are readied.
Ranged Marksman (no special effect needed for shifting locations)
Skirmishing (can make ranged attacks on a run, no penalty)